7 Jun 2014

"Guess who's back, back again?"

"I was dreaming when I wrote this,
Forgive me if it goes astray.
But when I woke up there this mornin',
Could've sworn it was judgement day.
The sky was all purple,
There were people running everywhere,
Tryin' to run from the destruction,
You know I didn't even care."


Arrrr mateys. It's been a while since I at posted to you.  But, to be honest I thought that everyone had abandoned blogging.  But here I am tapping away on a wireless keyboard whilst sat on my secondhand sofa and the pc connected to my 42" tv... ooh posh. 
The world cup is almost upon us again and at which point any older readers will know I switch my allegiances to  Brazil.  I say switch my allegiances but I never really follow England, never have really.  When I used to do the commentary to my own football playing we all did as kids, it was never " Emlyn Hughes, Paul Mariner, McDermot, Coppell, Keegan or Brooking. Showing my age there. It was always Socrates, Pele or Zico.  I've always been attracted to the far away and exotic.  Hence the reason I wore a New York Cosmos shirt for most of my P.E. Lessons, again a club with Pele in it not to mention Beckenbauer, Chinaglia etc. would be invoked as I strode past people like Podge, Gavin or Paul Howard on the school football pitch.  I suspect that most of my contemporaries were unaware, or at the very least, uncaring that there was even a league in the U.S.A.  Happy as they were in their Norwich, Ipswich, Liverpool or even Manchester United shirts.  Me?  I always tended to scour the World of Sport for the less well known sports like I did with my music.
I've been interested in watching England but my heart has always been with Brazil, the better football, the brightly coloured kit... the really attractive women in the crowd.  Coming as I did when the football crowd was predominantly males stood in the terraces you could see the attraction. Another reason would possibly be that I was growing up at the time of the casuals beating the shit out of each other on the terraces or often the pitch for no good reason other than they were mindless morons.
Maybe it all stems from the fact I've always wanted to escape to other parts of the world but somehow have never managed?  I don't know maybe a trick cyclist would be able to tell me? 
In other news the world is pissing me off lately, (when doesn't it?)  In particular the job I hated is thankfully a thing of the past.  They tried to sack me over things I said about the company in previous blogs, so much for freedom of speech in one of the world's oldest democracies. The company backtracked when I pointed out the posts all dated prior to the date at which my agreement was signed and therefore actions taken would be illegal and result in my winning an unfair dismissal tribunal.  So basically the manager kept pushing my buttons for 6 to 8 months until I finally gave my notice of six weeks.  Now after two months of giving me job seeker's allowance the DWP have decided that my reasons for leaving weren't good enough and have stopped the pittance.  Luckily I have a good, not great, zombie landlord who knows that he'll get his money back once I'm gainfully employed again.  Still, I really do want to escape now.  In my dreams I would win the lottery, pay my zombie landlord a lot of money, take a giant shit on the desk at the local job centre and fuck off to sunnier climes with my camera and telescope and settle down with Grace Helbig (I wish).
Failing that I would settle for a few great Brazil moments this world cup. 

2 comments:

Shockgrubz said...

Here's to Brazil! And your lotto winnings!

Mike said...

Thank you, one is slightly more likely than the other but I cam=n dream.