1 Nov 2009

"Shaking in me knee bones and me elbows,
its driving me around the bend

Uncontrollable feelings sends me reeling,

There's no need to pretend"


Well hello there, I suppose I should have posted a bit whilst off on holiday but you know what with one thing and another (Call of Duty, Force Unleashed and the Jeremy Isaacs series Cold War) I forgot to do it. One thing I didn't forget to do though is half my Christmas shopping leaving the final four presents to buy at the end of November. This leaves me with a sizeable chunk to be put aside for the TV I want (it will be the size of the one above, although sadly not with the oriental lady) with the December pay packet. I would however like to state that my blog will not be affected... much anyway. Although with all the writing I've not been doing lately I had to kill my Farm on Facebook as I had over 5 million points and it took two hours to fully harvest, plow then seed every night. So I stopped it. Pity farming isn't that easy in the real world then I could get an EU subsidy to not grow anything in order to help reduce the EU 'wine lake', 'butter mountain' or 'cheese hillock' or whatever nonsensical newspaper invented thing there is.
I did however think (again) about dumping the blog, but thanks to the comments that came flooding in quite literally in their ones I have thought again, despite the 'worldwide blogging downturn' in WIRED magazine. After all however will you get your daily quota of ill informed badly spelled and grammatically incorrect load of old bollocks if I retire after these 4 years or so?
My colleague and friend at work has decided that she is more or less going to go to the good ole' USA of A for 6 months next year. I said that it's better to do it now and not wait like I did and find yourself never doing these things. I had all the enthusiasm but none of the money when I was younger to travel and now I have the money to do it I don't want to go anywhere. Bloody life.
I am however making friends again at work with some of the population of Bournemouth through my cheery demeanour (no really), I have an elderly gentleman who comes in now and again to chat about aircraft with me. I've just given him my copy of Vulcan 607 which you should read if you get the chance. It's about the story of Operation Black Buck against Port Stanley airfield back in 1982. Although there's no jingoistic flag waving 'up your Junta!' Sun type cobblers in it, it does what a good book should do and just present the facts from all sides concerned and lets the reader decide what's what. Personally I thought it was a miracle we hit the runway at all when you read the book not to mention the typical British 'sellotape bits to military equipment to make it work' ethos. So all this hoo hah at the moment of not having the right kit and not enough helicopters etc is nothing new.

Anyway here's the music Madness' - Remastered version of One Step Beyond and The Housemartins' Deluxe Edition of London 0 - Hull 4.

Oh by the way a friend of mine gave me this article to read. It basically says what I have always maintained. Home taping never killed music and it never will. Here's the article

The music as ever is in the comments.

7 comments:

Mike said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/311260056/M-OSB_3AE_.rar Madness - One Step Beyond... (Deluxe Edition)
http://rapidshare.com/files/311272081/TH-L0H4DE.part1.rar The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4 (Deluxe Edition)
http://rapidshare.com/files/311285303/TH-L0H4DE.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike Dont give up the blog - I look forward to reading what you say. I like the music you upload (though I haven't downloaded much) and sorry Ive never said thanks - I am now - just dont give up the blog!!

Mike said...

I'll try to keep it going although lately I do forget to write something down when I think of it. A lot of people like the blog so it seems. It's nice to do something everyone enjoys... not like when I was a stripping karaoke singer I've never seen so much rotting vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Great blog mate and outstanding sounds. Don't stop!

those we left behind said...

I pass by here every few weeks or so and I would like to add to the growing chorus (well, there is 3 of us now) who all say the same thing - don't give up the blog. I like your blog a lot - it is particularly English (and as an ex-pat I like that aspect of it, gives me a taste of home) and you dont post for the sake of it. Quality rather then quantity. I am sure there are others out there who appreciate your work. As a blogger myself I know that a positive comment for one of my posts can make my day, so I hope it works the same for you.

Keep on keepin' on.

TWLB

Mike said...

Thanks for the kind words. And how lucky are you to be ex pat? If I had the money I'd love to leave, mind you there are days when I'd leave by pushbike :)

those we left behind said...

Funny you should mention pushbikes - I live in the Netherlands! Still thoroughly English though, and that is what I like about your blog - it celebrates England.

So don't bin it! ;-)