18 Aug 2009

"Sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun.
If the sun don't come, you get a tan from
Standing in the English rain.
I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus,
goo goo gajoob ga goo goo gajoob."

At last the Bournemouth Air Festival is upon us. Yay I hear me cry. I've had the four days booked off for at least nine months or so. This is my window display what I did (it's better than working), I'm pretty chuffed with it although they made me put stock in the window too, sigh, not enough aeroplanes. I have in idea for next year (providing I'm working there of course) I want to add flashing LED lights to the planes. Although me being me they will have to be the correct colour in the correct position, after all any of the other shops doing a display did a few planes. But because I was a pedantic arse as usual I did nine planes because there are nine Red Arrows. There was a charity auction prize that I'd bought a few bits for but no one replied to my emails so I withdrew it as being paltry and not worth the entry. So if anyone wants a book on the Red Arrows, a Red Arrows mug and teddy bear then let me know via email and I'll send them to you for nowt.
I'll also post the links to the first three days' worth of my photos on Facebook I do need a better camera but these have come out alright I think. Most of them have been from right down on the shoreline, making my feet get a bit wetted every now and then. The Red Arrows are always a favourite of mine and I've lost count of the times I've seen them. I always remember them though. It would seem from the reaction of Friday's crowd that there are many others who appreciate their efforts as well judging form the spontaneous applause upon well executed manoeuvres. The Battle of Britain memorial flight made an appearance on Friday afternoon and was widely applauded too, a nice gesture but you have to ask why when they can't hear you. Anyhoo nice to be appreciated I suppose. In between texts from friends who were at work asking me how the airshow was I was enjoying the displays. I didn't expect to enjoy the wing walkers Team Guinot but I certainly did. It was an amazing show on the Thursday and even better with the lower winds on the Friday and with my better placement along the sea. The Blades were good too with, as you'd expect from Ex Red Arrow pilots, an excellent display in the late afternoon sunshine. Also I've finally seen it in action for the first time since the Eighties... the Vulcan. This is the third airshow I've been to where it was supposed to fly but couldn't due to a bit falling off, low batteries or something but by god when it roars overhead in the left hand bank it doesn't half go right through your chest. Speaking of which another first for me was the Eurofighter Typhoon which also packed a wallop. This had to be brought forward on the programme due to increasingly leaden skies. It only tipped down on the way home for half an hour so all in all it wasn't bad. The Thursday we only had one Black Cat display Lynx but two on the Friday. The Yaks were pretty good too. We had a fleeting flypast on Thursday from a Chinook but I suppose that they are in great demand lately in Afghanistan so it would upset the Daily Mail to have one frolicking about for the delight of the airshow fraternity. I haven't bothered with the stuff going on in the Gardens due to the fact that I'm skint and only go home to do everyone's tea for them. It would have been nice to share my day(s) with someone but I'm the only sad ass plane/car/tank nut that I know. Here's the photos day 1, day 2, Day 3 Plus if you go to YouTube you'll see some clips I took and posted.

Here's the music for you. Bad Manners - Live & Loud, Adam & The Ants - Antmusic (The Best Of), CRASS - Sheep Farming in the Falklands finally David Bowie - Low (remastered).

Bye for Now

6 comments:

Mike said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/272297343/AAAMTBO.rar -- Adam & The Ants - Antmusic The Best Of
http://rapidshare.com/files/272309263/BM-LaL.rar -- Bad Manners - Live & Loud
http://rapidshare.com/files/272319080/C-SFitF.rar -- Crass - Sheep Farming In The Falklands
http://rapidshare.com/files/272321449/DB_-_L_r_.part1.rar -- David Bowie - Low (Remastered)
http://rapidshare.com/files/272334222/DB_-_L_r_.part2.rar

gobshyte said...

hi mike.if you really want rid of the arrows stuff ill happily take it off your hands but id send you a couple of dvd's of war films etc in return.did you go the war and peace show this year?if youve not been i recommend going next year.its definitely worth it.cheers

gobshyte

gobshyte said...

ive just been reading an older post and see you were in the army.what regiment?i was a driver with the r.c.t !good times mate

Mike said...

I still have the book if you want it? (it's very nice) The rest of the stuff has found a couple of happy homes already. No dvds necessary thanks as I have nearly all the main ones on dvd ta.

War & Peace is always one I read about and wish I could go to but I'm limited to only being able to travel so far before getting lost or bored. I need to learn to drive.

Scooter said...

Hi Mike, just catching up on your blog after a wee sabatical, and of course the music.

However, only Adam & The Ants is available... the rest come up with "Error: The uploader has removed this file from the server."

Did you have problems with these uploads?

Cheers

Mike said...

No problem as such just that rapidshare said I had too much uploaded. After all I do do reposts quite often, this will have to change though or I upload less as I'm not going to pay for two uploading accounts. To decide which ones went I looked at the last ones with downloads on and if they were before a certain date then they went I'm afraid.

If there's an album that you want but cant find elsewhere then email me and I'll do a temp link for you.