7 Jul 2009

"I request, that the best of our minds,
be impressed to repent of their crimes.
For the truth, is there all for to see.
What can be said in defence of man's tyranny?"

It must be said that I truly enjoyed the tank festival in Bovington again this year. Although I was asked to keep the noise down as they couldn't hear the tanks over the bacon-esque sizzlings of my forearms in the open skies. I should learn never to believe any forecast that I hear saying that it will be showery all day. But I have learnt from this though, as being burnt for the second year in a row will tend to drive a message home with me. I have done something that I have never done in forty long and dull years of being on this earth ... yes I have bought sun block. I haven't ever bought sun block before not out of the need to be like those casualties you see on TV progs where they are resembling radishes in football shirts and flip flops, mainly because I don't usually sit in the sun if I can help it, it was just that the tanks were very interesting to look at. More so when hurtling around the arena than sitting static in the large and newly refurbished museum. Now sometime later I have finally stopped shedding dead skin all over my flat and shop I'm feeling slightly less ashamed of my forearms which at times made me look like Ben Hur's mother. Next stop Yeovilton Airday but this time hopefully no skin like leather covered in cornflakes. This will probably be because it will now rain and my sun block will end up in the back of the cupboard until it runs out of the use by date, just like all the condoms I have ever bought :( . Unless it stays fine for the four days where I go to the sea front and stare into the sky for four hours a day (Bournemouth Air Show Link). You see to get me to go anywhere on holiday you have to have a smattering of military hardware lying around. My ideal destination would be that Davis monthan AFB (link) (Vid Link) in the desert somewhere where all the mothballed aircraft are. Just me my camera and a some bottles of coke and I'd be as happy as a pig in shit. Mind you there is always the US ordanance museum (link)(honestly you should see my Google Earth it's like a map of nothing but friends' houses and military installations / museums). The picture above all this inane ramblings comes from a M4A1 Sherman in the Bovington collection although I tried to claim it had my name on it therefore it belonged to me they failed to see my point of view, this is why I should never sit in the sun. SO with that in mind maybe I shouldn't go to Davis Monthan AFB as I'd have a lot of obsolete aircraft in my back garden and be back in debt again.

The music today is all the Nutty Sounds I could find Volumes 1 - 5. These are repost requests so I do get around to them eventually.

6 comments:

Mike said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/255745334/MNS1.rar -- Nutty Sounds
http://rapidshare.com/files/255758033/MNS2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/255772009/MNS3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/255783120/MNS4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/255793230/MNS5.rar

Lucian Stefanescu said...

hi, man, i'm desperately looking for an album i lost several years ago, in a studio of a radio station, and i saw that in september 2006 you posted a rar link toit. unfortunately that link is not active anymore. could u help me find that album again?

Select Cuts From Blood & Fire, vol I

thanks

lucian stefanescu

Mike said...

I don't see why not especially as it's in my 'To be posted' pile to the left of my laptop... just as soon as I break my addiction to CoD4:Modern Warfare that is. But you see I have 27 out of 30 of the Laptops found and I can't remember where the last three are. :P

Hard Luck Child said...

Hello. I really like your blog. It's unique! Please take a look at mine. There's free music up. You can download some "Funny Papa" Smith!
Add me as a friend=)

http://hardluckchild.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I recommend if you have not already, do a google earth search of Davis Monathan and fly over the lines of aircraft. On last check I was amazed to see that many B-1 Bombers
and so sad to see in one forlorn corner of the place, 2 C-119 flyingboxcars beings cut up (the ones in Flight of the Phoenix)

and if you come out to California.

the Planes of Fame museum in Chino California may have it share of flies, but its got an amazing collection of planes.

With Respect,

Big Jim

Mike said...

Thanks for the tip.