5 Apr 2009

"Workin' all week with Barso driving the van
Filled with old lawnmowers and petrol cans

And by day just a working machine

But by night a cosmic, electric, boogie limousine"


I have to say that life is good at present, I've got my birthday coming up (17th April) and it is okay at work at the moment. I put my iPod on and go up into the warehouse upstairs to do the work needed and blast out my sounds. The main album being played at the moment is the new Madness one (the Liberty Of Norton Folgate) and the new Morrissey one (Years of Refusal). Both of which have my partially undivided attention. I have been getting into my Jazz recently too, a little bit of Miles Davis' The birth of Cool and Kind of Blue being the current favourites. then sometimes I'll swing the other way (only musically speaking) and stonk out some AC-DC, Nirvana or something else loud and disturbing for the guys in the Animal store next door whether they want it or not. It also confuses my colleagues as I play such random music they can't pigeon hole my tastes. I'm also enjoying work currently due to the large amount of beautiful foreign student ladies knocking around Bournemouth lately. I would offer my services to teach them the words "penis" & "insertion" amongst others. They in turn would teach me their languages, specifically the words for "fuck off sad boy" and "help Police!" So we'd all learn something. I may not be the world's most educated man but who better to learn English from? I'm about as English as a Pork pie wearing a pin stripe suit & Doctor Marten's whilst eating crumpets and drinking tea. Don't get me wrong I'm not 'English' in a "I drive a white van can't spell or read eat nothing but crap from Lidl and go home to my fat wife in leggings and scrawny dirty ill educated JJB sportswear wearing kids whilst avoiding getting my knuckles wet as I drag them along the ground and think that the Daily Star is gospel I don't like them darkies wot come over here and steal our jobs" kind of way but I am pretty set in my ways don't like hot weather that much and I think I am better than most other people in the world and quietly tut as they do things I don't approve of and hope they'll apologise and stop. I must be in with a chance with someone of the opposite sex though, most of the women you see often have a boyfriend in tow that could only be described as a 'gorilla after botched facial surgery'. Whilst they in turn are gorgeous. It makes no sense whatsoever, unless of course it's to prove me wrong and there is a god & he's picking on me.
Anyway enough blathering (I was going to put enough blasphemy but, you can never have enough blasphemy). Here's what you really came for. The music this time is Dr Alimantado -Best Dressed Chicken In Town followed by King Tubby - Dub Gone Crazy then Junior Murvin - Police & Thieves last but not least the one you've all been waiting for (judging by the impatient emails etc. ) Madness - Practice makes perfect (disk three from the boxset).

Enjoy.








11 comments:

Mike said...

Dr. Alimantado - Best Dressed Chicken in Town - http://rapidshare.com/files/221363422/Dr_A_-_BDCIT.rar

King Tubby - Dub Gone Crazy - http://rapidshare.com/files/221377368/KT_-_DGC.rar

Junior Murvin - Police And Theives - http://rapidshare.com/files/221385607/JM_-_P_T.rar

Madness - Practice Makes Perfect & Hackney Emprire Live And Correct - http://rapidshare.com/files/221396298/M_-_PMP_HL_C.rar

HJ said...

I love the description of wearing docs and a pork pie hat :)

Anonymous said...

thankyou very much my friend for madness,
if i was a lass,i would ave your babys

Mike said...

You can't be any worse than some of those 'lasses' we had in today ooh rough? I wouldn't touch them with yours. :(

lemonflag said...

Happy Birthday mate.

Budtheweiser said...

Wonderful stuff Mate thanks for The Maddies looking forward to getting this when mine turns up taking for ever lol

Anonymous said...

By the way, would you by chance have Sorry (Diesel Tribe Remix)

Mike said...

no sorry I don't have any of the Sorry mixes... On!!! to ebay!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to bother you Mike but Rapidshare aren't letting me download disc 3 (Practice Makes Perfect) of TLONF. Can you put another link up? Thanks.

DaddyMax said...

Yes Mike, I join the request... would you be so kind to re-upload disc 3 of T.L.O.N.F.? Please please please??? Thanx a lot

Mike said...

Try looking at the latest post!