4 Apr 2009

"I get up in the evening and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired Man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help"


I was thinking the other day that for every silver lining there's a cloud. I mean there I was at work actually doing something I enjoy (I.E. painting not retail work). The sun was streaming it's golden joyfulness through the open fire doors whilst I slapped some paint on the walls (and floor) I was mostly left to my own devices & got on with the job in hand, John Peel shows were blaring out throughout the warehouse via my iPod and I was full of a certain light creamy cream cheese baguette and coffee so like I say life wasn't at all bad. I'd managed six walls with two coats, 1 Door glossed, 18 feet of skirting board glossed, the canteen wall repaired & a large wall about 18 feet square repainted a very nice blue, two notice boards and six coat hooks all put up in one day. I did quite a nice job even if I do say so myself (and I do... often). I even did all the prep work before painting too, I'm not some old slap and dash merchant me! Basically I wasn't bored once & I never looked at my watch at all for the whole day. Neither had I spent all day staring out the window looking forlornly at all the attractive women who don't know I exist. I even for once got a nice lunch, I came home without too much waiting around for a bus, had a nice Tesco ring donut with a great cup of tea and enjoyed the rest of the warm spring evening. But there's always a smelly fart in the lift as they say. The only thing to spoil the whole day was a "we know where you live and are sending round the leg breakers" letter from the bank bastards at Abbey Nazional. It's my own fault I suppose? Perhaps with hindsight (which is always 20/20) I shouldn't have spent £120 on graphic novels but in my defence it was tax credits and therefore free money and would have only been wasted on some war or other. Don't think of it as several special edition graphic novels in very nice hard back editions think of it as one less artillery shell. But there you go what's did is did. Besides if it weren't for them I would have been out of debt two and a half years before I was so they can sit and swivel as we used to say at school. They didn't spoil my day, I refused to let them. In fact the only way the day could have been any better was if I'd gotten to do that thing where a man and a woman, who love each other very much, (or are very drunk and regret it in the morning) and the man puts his oojymaflip in the lady's whaddjacallit and they make babies until he rolls over knackered and farts before falling asleep leaving the lady slightly disappointed. But you can't have everything can you?
Anyway enough drivel here's the music firstly we've got Devil Hopping by the Inspiral Carpets, then I've given you the very good album which I've rediscovered St Etienne - Foxbase Alpha and finally the full Madness - Liberty of Norton Folgate which finally arrived through my door. Links, as ever in the comments

12 comments:

Mike said...

Madness - The Liberty Of Norton Folgate (full album) - http://rapidshare.com/files/217641150/M-TLoNF_full_.rar
St. Etienne - Foxbase Alpha - http://rapidshare.com/files/217656520/StE-FA.rar
Inspiral Carpets - Devil Hopping - http://rapidshare.com/files/217660929/IC-DH.rar

HJ said...

Thanks so much for the Madness. I have already pre-ordered my CD

Anonymous said...

hi mike
thankyou for the mad tunes..would it be poss for the 3rd disc(rehearsals and live at hackney)thanks inadvance

Mike said...

Can do, more than likely next post. I hadn't even listened to that one yet. Thanks for reminding me.

Wille Baterola said...

The link is dead :(

Please, you could upload it again somewhere else?

Laurent said...

Hi,

the madness link is dead... please make my day with a new link !!
thanks

Anonymous said...

The Madness link doesn't work

Mike said...

New link

http://rapidshare.com/files/218618444/MTLoNF.rar

Anonymous said...

any idea when disc 3 will get posted?

Mike said...

Either tonight (if I don't fall asleep again) or tomorrow on my day off.

Anonymous said...

from chile : my english is very bad ... link inspirla carpets is bad, please "up" again, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi - the 2nd Madness link is bad again - any chance of a repost? I've preordered the CD but can't afford the $80 to order the box set to the USA right now. Thanks!