11 Sep 2008

"This is the happy house-we're happy here in the happy house
oh it's such fun
We've come to play in the happy house and waste a day in the happy house-it never rains"

If I can just interrupt my ebaying of Madness records to say Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! The douchebag in charge has been fired. Him and his ponytail have been ditched (finally) by the regional manager. So now we have a new air of freedom and we are making up for the lack of professionalism in the past few months. All I now have to do is resist the urge to get fired myself. Which is less and less likely thankfully due to the fact that our new boss is one I know from when I was being trained. The upside of the wanker being sacked is that I now have three weeks of October off paid holiday. This was due to the fact that previous incompetent pillock took so much time off that none of us could take any holiday. It'll be like being unemployed ... only better paid. Still at least I'll be able to do all my VHS conversions, my writing and loads of other stuff ... mind you I'll probably do none of these. I do want to go to London though providing I don't spend all of my money on Madness records that is. I only need a few more picture disks and then my credit card will be safe... until I find something else to collect. Christmas is coming and I don't think Santa considers me to have been naughty or nice so I'll decide for myself and get all the gadgets I want. Well it saves him a job and I look silly sat on his knee at 39.
In the past few weeks in Bournemouth we've had the UKIP and the Liberal Democrats in the B.I.C doing their utmost to considerably raise the temperature of the Earth with all the hot air they've been producing. I must say though that the UKIP lot even though they were all over seventy year old Nazis for the most part were a lot more chatty and friendlier than the Lib Dems. Ooooh what a bunch of miseries they are. I suppose it's because they know in their heart of hearts they know that no matter what they say they are never getting into power. Anyway here's the music for you. Careful as this one is so fresh it'll burn your hands so watch your fingers. I only converted it a couple of hours before posting this that's how fresh it is. Firstly we have Bad Manners' Gosh it's... which is a tape I meant to do ages ago and forgot, sorry then we have my recent 12" rips, of which there is a list in the comments as per usual.
12" 1
12" 2
Bad

Enjoy I'll try to broaden the musical spectrum for the next few posts, see you next time and please keep the comments coming. TTFN.

7 comments:

Mike said...

12"s are:
Bananarama - Shy Boy (Extended Version)
Beats International - Crazy For You
Beats International - Echo Chamber
Beats International - The Sun Doesn't Shine
Beats international - The Sun Doesn't Shine (Extended Version)
Beats International - Wake The Dead
Beats International - Won't Talk About It
Brother Beyond - The Harder I Try (Extended)
Climie Fisher - Rise To The Occasion (Hip Hop Remix)
Depeche Mode - Master & Servant (Slavery Whip Mix)
Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday (Extended Mix)
Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake (The Monkey Mix)
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Everyday I Write The Book (Remix)
Flourgon - Honey Cone
Higgs & Twin - Jump Up Time
Mr Pants - Warning
Paul Hardcastle - Don't Waste My Time (New Extended Version)
Steve Laman - Dibby Dibby Sound Boy
The Christians - Ideal World (Extended Remix Version)
TimeZone Feat Afrika Bambataa & John Lydon - World Destruction
TimeZone Feat Afrika Bambataa & John Lydon - World Destruction (Remix)
Top Rank Gang - Warning Dub
Trevor Sparks - Wings Of Love
UB40 - All I Want To Do (12 Inch Remix)
Unknown Reggae Artist - Unknown Reggae Track
Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Yazz - Fine Time

Enjoy

Scott said...

Love the vinyl rips!

Barry said...

http://www.fabchannel.com/madness_concert/
Just in case this one got past you, check out the video.
Don't do all your dough up the smoke!, & if you have time, check out the plastic rent-a-punks in Camden.
Serenity2167,still aged 41, still not a jock!.

Anonymous said...

Great news about Ponytail getting busted!

Nice one!

Mike said...

Your tellin' me ;)

mac said...

africa bambataa & lydon, jaysus I have that on tape somewhere!

Don't be so down on ponytails Mike, they come in handy when you have to drag the corpse anywhere.

Asbo said...

Great news :) I had sympathy with you after putting up with a psychopath racist scumbag boss for years who finally got the push recently, sadly not fired but given very early retirement as he'd been off sick for months.
Try and check out a track from the band "Archive" called "Fuck U" sums people like this up perfectly.

Just a quickie the Bad Manners Gosh tape breaks up on the Right hand track, but I just realised I already had it anyway (downloaded from you last year).

Thanks as always for the great music :)