5 Oct 2007

"I need money, I used to be a stick-up kid So I think of all the devious things I did I used to roll up, this is a hold up, ain't nuthin funny Stop smiling, be still, don't nuthin move but the money But now I learned to earn cos I'm righteous I feel great! so maybe I might just Search for a 9 to 5, if I strive Then maybe I'll stay alive"
Further to my Batman ramblings in the previous post. I figured out why he had all those labels on everything in the Batcave and Batmobile. He was a man... IE he bought all these great bat gadgets but never read the bat manuals. That's why the whole place is littered with bat post it notes saying things like "bat spectrum analyzer", "bat crime computer", "bat drinks dispenser" and "bat toilet second on the bat left". Also this could be a sign that either he was going senile or was concentrating so hard on capturing the Riddler or the Joker that he had no time left to remember which bat gadget was what. The bat mobile being labelled was easy to explain. He had to put labels on things like the Bat ejector seat, the bat siren, bat car phone, bat starter button etc because the bat log book and bat manual were locked in the bat glove compartment and he'd lost the key. Of course had he broken the lock then it would have voided the warranty therefore devaluing the car and we all know how much Batmobiles depreciate. Besides which how could you expect him to fight crime with a glove compartment that kept popping open and spraying bat travel sweets, a badly folded bat map and a bat ice scraper on the floor everytime it goes over a bump? He might as well do it in a second hand 1983 Ford Fiesta 1.1L. How no one ever worked out his secret identity is a total mystery. Chief O'hara or Comissioner Gordon would mention Bruce Wayne or his youthful ward 'Dick' Grayson in the presence of Batman and Robin then they'd look at each other and in the middle of an investigation they'd sod off having suddenly remembered they'd left the bat iron on in the bat cave. Then several minutes later they'd reenter as Bruce and 'Dick' tucking thier shirts in. The fact not withstanding that both parties talked and acted like each other anyway the only difference being one was in a suit and the other was in tights and a cape.
I guess what I'm saying is that a lot of bat water has passed under the bat bridge since I watched and enjoyed the series when I was younger. There was an episode I watched recently where Robin was attacked by Mr Freeze and Batman rescued him by rubbing him rather too vigorously
for my liking. Just imagine if it were whilst they were in thier civilian guises. The bat phone goes off...
"I'm sorry it took so long to come to the phone Comissioner. Dick was stiff and I was rubbing hard."
"well ...if it's a bad time Bruce I can call back."
Here's some more music for you. Again it's mostly the Wedding Present We have George best (with extra tracks), The Complete Wedding Present Peel Sessions and the Volume one of the Stiff rarities as I posted the wrong one yesterday.
Stiff One (Oo-er missus no don't etc)
Weddoes Peel 1
Weddoes Peel 2
Weddoes Peel 3
Weddoes Peel 4
Weddoes Peel 5
Weddoes George + pt 1
Weddoes George + pt 2

5 comments:

Les28 said...

This is great. The Wedding Present at the Irish Centre in Brum was my first ever gig (in 1987, I think). It is nice to revisit some old faves.

Have you got the Cinerama Peel Sessions album?

Mike said...

I have now. Watch this space.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice works here but Rapidshare isn't a friendly place to download. A pity!

Mike said...

Well it only costs around £6 or so for a month. Can you not post something ten times next time please? Unless it was ten anonymouses all posting the same thing? Or should that anonymii? I'll look into alternate upload sites but last time I went to all the trouble hardly anyone used them.

b said...

"because the bat log book and bat manual were locked in the bat glove compartment and he'd lost the key. Of course had he broken the lock then it would have voided the warranty therefore devaluing the car and we all know how much Batmobiles depreciate. Besides which how could you expect him to fight crime with a glove compartment that kept popping open and spraying bat travel sweets, a badly folded bat map and a bat ice scraper on the floor everytime it goes over a bump? He might as well do it in a second hand 1983 Ford Fiesta 1.1L."

you are a bat genuis! no wonder bruce was always so angry. the bat iron burnt a hole in his favorite bat shirt.

:]

that absolutely made my night.