16 May 2007

"Just close your eyes and count to ten, see if you still remember when. Your life seemed easy, you had friends. But that was different, than that was then."
Well here we are again, yet another post. Usually I have no idea of what I'm going to say until I say it... and this time is no exception. Apart from I'm currently playtesting my vinyl rips from the shop I was going to frequent but I've learnt since that he's closing down at the end of May. Well that'll curtail the vinyl ripping somewhat. I'm hoping that when I get, sorry, if I get my bank charges refunded from the Abbey Nazi-onal I may have to take a trip up to Camden in the mighty metropolis that is LAAAHDAAHN TAAAHN. I used to frequent that particular part of the nation's capital with more regularity than a resident. Nearly every fortnight at one point to coincide with the record fairs which, more than likely are no longer held in the Electric Ballroom, which itself was under the axe the last time I went up so it has also probably gone., as I've stated recently that my past seems to be disappearing with a startling rapidity. I'm only really interested in going back up to spend money. The real reason was the fact that due to channel hopping as there is nothing on again during the day and I spotted a show called 'The Market' on Channel 4. This involves a camera team following some members of the public around the Camden Lock Market as far as I can tell. I'd love to know how much money I spent in that particular place buying lots of old crap I no longer have. In fact the last time I went up it was one of the only decent markets left there. The others were halfed in size to what they were and gave the impression they were in the final stretch of closing down. Now where am I going to get a novelty ash tray and my Chinese noodle breakfast when I go up? My first memory of Camden, and one that I'm always reminded of everytime I go, is the seemingly force five gale that blows down the escalator at the tube station into your face bringing welcome relief from the shared body odours on the tube. Also, like any true Madness fan, I've visited nearly all the sites from videos and album covers apart from Primrose Hill for some reason I never get there. Perhaps because there is no vinyl shop at the top? It's ironic really as it's one of my favourite tracks. I even have a photo of the Chalk farm tube entrance (how sad is that?) Better not mention the one of the 'Singing wall' as featured in the links on the video compilations. Actually that was a very good vinyl emporium there I think, if memory serves, was called 'The vinyl Solution' but I'm probably wrong and the Spread Eagle pub next door which I was alarmed to find sold carpets the last time I went up. I hate change as it always seems to be my favourite places that do it. I wonder if those old rastas still hang around on the banks opposite the old TVAM studios? I used to enjoy sitting there with them, I expect we looked a strange site me a skinnyhead and them ...puffing away. Of course I abstained but I wish I had some now, it wouldn't improve life in anyway but it might just blur the edges enough.
Anyway here's today's posts for you (and sorry it's been nearly two weeks) we have the Beat 12"s I was going to post a month ago but someone pointed out they were sped up. this was due to the transfer from vinyl to tape and then finding out the tape player was naff. So I cut out the tape and transfered straight from vinyl to mp3. I'll add the others that I've finding as soon as I get enough to make a decent post, also there's two Beat 12"s missing at the moment as I don't have them yet. Then I've found a great old Madness bootleg that I think is one of the best going as it's got a very good recording of Mike Barson's fairground/hammond style keyboards all the way through. It comes from the Paradise ballroom Boston, Mass 04-02-80. Some bootleg sites name it as 'Mistakes' there are covers available if you want that sort of thing. I've put up some more reggae dub singles for you as they seemed to be popular and Bjork's latest album. Some people describe her as 'as mad as a bag of cats' I think this is unfair and I prefer to think of her as Kate Bush but without the medication.
http://rs90tg.rapidshare.com/files/31629388/B12.part1.rar Beat 12"s
http://rs137tg.rapidshare.com/files/31629539/B12.part2.rar
http://rs31l32.rapidshare.com/files/31633556/B-V.rar Bjork Volta
http://rs106cg.rapidshare.com/files/31639770/f.part1.rar Dub Singles
http://rs107tl.rapidshare.com/files/31643167/f.part2.rar
http://rs79l34.rapidshare.com/files/31669084/M-LB80.rar Madness Live (track listing in the comments)

8 comments:

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Madness - Mistakes Live Paradise Ballroom
04-02-80 Boston mass, The grand ol' US of A

1. One Step Beyond...
2. Deceives The Eye
3. Mistakes
4. Believe Me
5. My Girl
6. Swan Lake
7. Razor Blade Alley
8. Land Of Hope And Glory
9. In The Rain
10. The Young And The Old
11. In The Middle Of The Night
12. Bed & Breakfast Man
13. The Prince
14. Rockin' In Ab
15. Night Boat To Cairo
16. Madness
17. On The Beat Pete
18. One Step Beyond (Encore)
19. Stepping Into Line

cyclingshepherd said...

I just know that I'm going to enjoy the Madness live download ...

And many many thanks for the Kate Bush but without the medication line - I've been searching for that for years.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I like to feel that I provide a service ;) Enjoy the Madness.

Anonymous said...

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, re upload Tighten Up Volume 1, I'm new to your blog but wow!

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I will do it as soon as possible. Watch in the next posts.

Tension said...

Can you credit the ' You could wait for a life time ' quote for me please?

Regards

Tension.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

It's from the Oasis song 'Cigarretes & Alcohol Lyrics'

full lyrics are
Is it my imagination
Or have I finally found something worth living for?

I was looking for some action
But all I found was cigarettes and alcohol

You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line
'Cause when it comes on top
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen

Is it worth the aggravation
To find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?

It's a crazy situation
But all I need are cigarettes and alcohol!

You could wait for a lifetime
To spend your days in the sunshine
You might as well do the white line
'Cause when it comes on top
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen
You've gotta make it happen

You've gotta, you've gotta, you've gotta make it
You've gotta, you've gotta, you've gotta fake it
You've gotta, you've gotta, you've gotta make it
You've gotta, you've gotta, you've gotta fake it, whoo!

One of my favourites of their's.

gmabie said...

Excellent site! As I too am new to your blog, may I also request that you re-post "What Is Beat?" There are some great tracks on it that I haven't heard in a long time.