11 Apr 2007

"To keeping silence I resigned My friends would think I was a nut Turning water into wine Open doors would soon be shut So I went from day to day Tho' my life was in a rut 'Till I thought of what I'd say Which connection I should cut"

Well that wasn't a very fun Easter weekend let me tell you. I came home from my wonderful job which I love (read in sarcastic tones). I got home and felt really rough no sooner had I got me coat off and relaxed when, whoever's in charge of these things, decided that was the right time for me to be ill for the first time in years. In fact the last time I remember being ill was when I was on nights with a certain reader and he had the windows open all night (ahem) mentioning no Jimmy's, but that was just a cold and I still struggled on with putting out the cheap crap we sold. This though was high temparatures, headaches and vomiting. I spent the weekend mostly in bed, dragging myself heroically across the room (heroically I tell you), to do the next upload for my avid readers (both of them), not that I like to mention it you understand? But it really was a mammoth effort more in fact than you realise especially if you saw my great fat hairy arse stumbling across the room, most mammothesque, well a small mammoth really. I've ruined the environment by having my fire up at the highest setting and still shivering under my 18 tog duvet and fleece blanket (see? Heroic). I've had the wierdest dreams too the one I remember most was the one where I had to reknit the fabric of reality Lego brick by Lego brick, that was freaky. Still I don't think my 'wonderful' new manager believed me on the phone, I expect that she thinks I went out on the piss with my friends, well a, I don't have that many friends anymore (they never seem to email anymore) and b, I'm teetotal since 26th July 1994 (and fuck has it been boring or what?), not that I gave up the drink because of alklylosism, if anything I'm a Lucozadeholic if this weekend is anything to go by (6 litres) (see? Heroic). At least I got to redress the evironmental impact of my gas fire being responsible for the death of at least two penguins or a small polar bear by recycling the bottles.

Anyway here's some music (which is what you really came here for, not my inanities). Firstly I've converted a tape that I bought in 1982 and never listened to again. Why? Well remember when Woolworth's used to do those 'Tribute to...' tapes with the red cassette boxes? I bought the Madness one as I was an avid fan and me and my mates (mainly Simon and Gavin) used to ride around the village with a tape recorder taped to the front of one of the bikes or other playing two tone or our own bootlegs what we had taped from the radio or a compilation we'd made. This was the only time we all agreed on a tape, we came to the conclusion that you will undoubtedly reach. It's what is technically known in the music industry as "Stock, Aitken & Waterman" or absolutely fucking awful to us laymen. It's worth a download just to see how many lyrics they get wrong. Also there's a couple of bootlegs from the Jam 100 club from 1977 and mod mod mod mod world from 1982 and I've put up Cosmic Thing by the B52's.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gsic5e The Jam Mod Mod Mod World (82)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5mc7ou Insane Terrain (Madness Tribute)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7jl8t The Jam 100 Club (77)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x9n0qk B52's - Cosmic Thing

3 comments:

RomanyX said...

Thanks, Man. Sorry to hear you were ill. :(

Lee said...

Sympathies for your illness, glad your back.
Thanks for the Jam 100 club, best live one I've heard in ages.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks everyone who expresed get well wishes. (not all shown).