22 Feb 2007

"Accroches-toi a ton reveAccroches-toi a ton reve, Quand tu vois ton bateau partir, Quand tu sents -- ton coeur se briser, Accroches-toi a ton reve".
So Morrissey won't be dancing monkey for the BBC's 'A Song For Europe'. Quite right too why should he have to compete against some non entities? Just stick him in the Eurovision song contest and be done with it. I'd watch for the first time since Bucks Fizz won it in 1981. Subsequebtly kick starting my lickle sister's record buying and to this day her taste is crap. I mean she gave me a mobile phone and for the life of me I can get rid of the Bon Jovi ringtone. Still at least she'd stop buying the Muppet records. "There but for the grace of John Peel go I" though my record buying started with Madness' Baggy trousers and Adam & The Ants' Ant Music. So at least I have a modicum of cool. Again in the birthday number ones I win again as I got Desmond Dekker's Israelites and she got Sugar Sugar by the Archies when it was rereleased in '75. Which ironically enough had I been born a week either way of when I was then I would have had that or Marvin Gaye's Heard It Through The Grapevine. I also just missed Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) as well.

Sorry for the delays with posts lately this is due to me finding mods of my Blitzkrieg game on the pc. Anyway here's some of the requested music from a couple of you emailing me. We have Vegas by vegas (Terry Hall and Dave Stewart) also the two Housemartins albumumumuumumums and Morrissey's last album which includes covers and the vid for 'you have killed me' . You may note that I've also upped alternate links for the Nutty Sounds compilations elsewhere in the blog.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cwdcr8 Vegas - Vegas
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nvmel7 Morrissey (pt1)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hdex9c - Ringleader Of The Tormentors (pt2)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/79jvov The Housemartins - The People Who...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nbz78i The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Baggy Trousers was the first Madness record I got into too...although the first record I ever bought was some obscure Eurovision entry by Coco (can't remember the year, but it was cheap enough for the record token i bought it with, and thinking back, utter crap!)

...and Marvin Gaye's "Heard It Through The Grapevine" was number 1 when I was born...get innn there!

It's a mad mad mad mad world right enufff!

TheUpsetter1969 said...

True, very true. If memory serves me well then wasn't Coco in '78 or '79 and wasn't it Cheryl baker who later won with Bucks Fizz? I only remeber it because my lickle sis heard about it and wanted it for her collection. 1969 a great year for music. I may do a compilation at some point. Mind you I do make mistakes as my compilations on night duty will testify. Nearly every time I had Jimmy the manager coming up and saying that was released the year before. :)