20 Dec 2006

"Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand, Well I pick up all the pieces and make an island might even raise a little sand, yeah."

I just heard a report on BBC6 Music that several hundred thousand counterfeit condoms have been seized by the HM Customs but several thousand have already gone on sale in Essex. I bet there's a few hundred girls in white stillettoes sweating it at the moment. At least Friday nights will be quite for a few weeks. Well I'm enjoying the peace and quiet at the moment what with being unemployed and all I just wish it was warmer . I've yet to start watching Trisha though although someone has suggested to me that I'd be a guest after all recent events. My great big little sister would be the irate family member who wants to be fighting all the time. Funny how she looks after me I thought it should've been the other way around? Oh well less work for me. You can take the girl out of the council estate etc...
Anyway I'm not planning on being a layabout for too long and already I have two job applications one was handed to me unexpectedly. So I hold out high hopes for that one. (They must be desperate).

Tonight's music is a Ska compilation 'Ska Anthems' which features a load of the original sixties ska leg ends and an album I can't get enough of at the moment St Elsewhere by Gnarls Barkley which is worth a download of. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/8295809/VA-SA.part1.rar Ska Anthems

http://rapidshare.com/files/8296535/VA-SA.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/8311845/GB-StE.part1.rar Gnarls Barkley

http://rapidshare.com/files/8312605/GB-StE.part2.rar

3 comments:

pinto said...

Hello
I just discovered your blog via Ls Bumblebbee and its brilliant with your reflections of the reality of life being even better than the posts.
The truth of what you say is very refreshing and certainly ticks a lot of boxes in the real life dept as well as raising many smiles.
With the demise of Mike Dickin on Talksport radio i think you would make a damn fine sucessor to the angriest man in Britain(and probably quite a few bob too)
Merry christmas and good luck with the job as i know how you feel.
Pinto

TheUpsetter1969 said...

If I were to take over from Mike Dickin on Talkshite radio then I'd probably get fired for not being right wing enough. The last time I listened to the station was one sunday shortly after George michael had made a bad error of judgement in an LA toilet and some retired colenel rang in to complain about "These homosexualists." His words. If it's all the same to everyone I'd prefer to work for BBC 6 Music. glad you enjoy the blog and welcome I hope I continue to entertain.

Scooter said...

Damn 'n' blast....the Ska Anthems files have been deleted...."complaints received".

I was sooo looking forward to hearing these as well when I saw the title. If you have space for a re-post....?

Those pesky lawyers have a lot to answer for!