7 Nov 2006

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story All about the girl who came to stay? She's the kind of girl you want so much It makes you sorry Still you don't regret a single day. Ah girl! Girl!"
Sorry been a bit 'Anakin Skywalker' for a while but I'm back and posting great stuff and some lacklustre writings. Whoop de doo we won another fucking two trophies. Pardon me, I need a lie down from all this excitement. Another year another two trophies, well I'm not putting up another shelf. I may seem a little jaded and uninterested in the fact that we were the best large shop in the company (southern region) and I apologise for that ... I was trying to sound lot jaded and uninterested. With recent events clouding my judgement about 60% and the other 40% being not fucking interested in the first place. I hate my job, I know I know I sound like a whiney teenager with all the "I hate my Mcjob" and with the woman trouble and all that but well what else is there to occupy my mind? I should really just get on and write the bloody screenplay of all that's happened recently at least I'd get paid for my misery. I'm already imagining the cast list with Brad pitt as me (obviously) and Johnny Depp to play my mate Jimmy (If only you knew him to know how funny that is ... Unless you're Jimmy reading this then it's obviously typecasting). ;) My glamourous assistant Jo would have to be played by Kathy Burke (I hope Jo doesn't read this). Although she wanted it to be Julia Roberts but hey it's my movie.

You see? I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. I'm off to my Nephew's in a couple of weeks so he doesn't want a thirty something Goth hanging around all sullen and broody. It's not so much cloudy with rain showers anymore, more like overcast with the possibility of rain. I have good days and bads days ... if only I was this erudite when talking to the object of my affections rather than a chimpanzee with a stroke that has been to the dentist who's actually injected his tongue instead of the gum. You want to see tongue tied? you just hang around me when talking to beautiful women.

I've begun to think that there may be a god after all. Russell Brand has been taken off my favourite station BBC6 Music and put on old people's radio station Radio 2 so that'll be ok as I don't listen to them. This is god (if he or she exists) probably feeling a little bad about being a c*nt towards me. It would have been better to have been a part of 'the knees' life as I could just turn the radio off but hey you know small mercies and all that. The way my luck's going lately if I stood in the road the buses would miss me.

There was a leaving do for a colleague who escaped the number one store and it's growing number of congratulatory lumps of perspex last night. I wanted to go and for various 'knees' related reasons I didn't go and felt loanely. I wished I had as I scratched my arse and watched 'We were soldiers' where, if you haven't seen it, a 50 year old Mel (cuckoo) Goering ... sorry ... Gibson saves the world and single handedly beats the Viet Cong and makes a lot of noise and things blow up a bit. I know what I'd rather have been doing. A better film was 'The Good Girl' which bears an uncanny resemblance to my life at the moment. Works in retail hates customers and/or majority of life. The only thing is I'm not going to shoot myself in a motel room. Mainly because I can't stand blood and guns are expensive. Also and this is true I'd worry about the people who had to clean up after me. So you could guarantee that if I was low enough to top myself I'd bring a bottle of Cif and some J cloths and an apology note to the cleaner. Socialist to the end.

Anyway on a lighter note here's today's posts for you firstly we have Morrissey's 'Oye Esteban!' video compilation from the libary of the afformentioned Jimmy I ripped it from the NTSC dvd wot he bought. Also the second in a short line of The Upsetter presents mix tapes made up from things I've been listening to on the way to work in an effort to make it a little more bearable. This is the one thing I miss off night duty, the music ... well that and the fact that I didn't have to deal with the great unwashed apart from that one member of staff ... mentioning no names. Also I found some Peel sessions by The Skids which seems to have all of them apparently with one track missing. Finally I've upped Ogden's Nut Gone Flake by The Small Faces. Enjoy and have fun and luck (and send some my way please).

http://rapidshare.com/files/3053217/Morrissey_-_Oye_Estaban_.part1.rar Morrissey







http://rapidshare.com/files/3256669/SF-ONGF.rar Small Faces

http://rapidshare.com/files/3379046/MixTapeVol_2.part1.rar Mix Tape


http://rapidshare.com/files/3385758/The_Skids_-_Peel_Sessions_1978-1980.part1.rar Skids


As an added bonus here's a torrent file of a 701Mb avi of The Smiths Live In Madrid 1985 that I'm trying to download at the moment.


No comments: