5 Sep 2006

"No more spanners in the works, All the works been done Had your face rubbed in the dirt On show for every one."


So Aussie wildlife Legend Steve Irwin is dead? Can't say it's a suprise really I mean if you are going to go swimming with dangerous animals and grappling with wild critters then you've got to expect the odd bite or two haven't you? I mean I've watched Sir David Attenborough do the majority of his animal shows for the last (mumble ahem cough) amount of years and I can't ever remember him so much as look an Oran Utang in a funny way let alone suddenly pounce on a wildebeest and wrestle it to the ground just to show the audience it's lovely pelt. This is perhaps why Sir David recently turned 80 and Steve Irwin is now turning his toes.I mean I'm guilty of the British thing of wanting to turn everything into pets. I mean we see horses in field we have to offer them grass and stroke thier faces. They must think "oh thanks 'cos I can't actually get grass around here in this field of grass cheers." Every dog in the street is just dying to be petted to death by every passing stranger every cat is to be tempted with a ball of string. Everytime I see lions etc on the telly I'm convinced that I'm able to go up to them and stroke them as I would next doors cat by making "pss pss pss" sounds as I narrow my eyes and scratch his head. But I know that I'll be minus several body parts and in severe need of medical attention. I mean you try getting an ambulance to come out to the middle of the savannah.Why is it that we have to ask stupid questions of the animals? Whilst rubbing the head of said animal with over entusiastic vigour (Ala Lenny from Steinbeck's 'Of Mice And Men') we always have to ask "who's a good boy? who's a good boy? Are you a good boy? Yes he is, yes he is are you a good boy?" etc etc. Is this as British as grumbling about things but then doing them anyway or do other nations do this as well? I need to know.The music for tonight is the Housemartins which I've just recorded from BBC 6 Music and edited out the dj & station idents etc 50 mins set too at 320 Kbps. I hope that you enjoy the Housemartins as much as I do. Pity I never saw them live but there you go. Also the last 2000ad for those of you who want it. I'll put up the next one in the next few days.

http://rapidshare.de/files/32165929/TH-_LRCN1987.part2.rar The Housemartins Live

http://rapidshare.de/files/32164412/TH-_LRCN1987.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.de/files/31856214/2000ad_Prog__1503.cbr 2000AD 1503

Ooh The Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight just flew over my house already I can hear the strains of The Dambusters march in my head "Dan dan dan dan dana dan dah etc"

Added
http://rapidshare.de/files/32186319/2000ad_Prog__1504.cbr latest 2000AD as I forgot




7 comments:

radnauseum said...

i really really really like the housemartins.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Then you truly are a genius :) only the best people love the fourth best band in Hull ;)

radnauseum said...

It's true. It's one of those things that I really gauge people on. I've never met a housemartins fan I didn't like.

Snorkel said...

Housemartins RULE, I stll love them, and erhm, yeah, they were quite good.

They were a very nice liveband too, I really regret I never saw them play.... According to their bio, which I have read about five times, they have played one of their best gigs in Holland (where I live), and I wasn't there.... oooops.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this - I had the Pleasure of seeing them in a tiny club in Manchester oh so many years ago - great great band

mik0m said...

Morning

On a reply to a recent posting over on Skafunkrastapunk we both agreeed that upon the occasion of Maggie's demise a little making whoopee would be in some ways appropriate.
We are not alone.
The link below is an amusing little number performed by Hefner and extracted from one of the 2000 Peels festive fifty selection
(thanks to oiche)

Just in case you missed it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/32580780/12The_Day_That_Thatcher_Dies.mp3.http

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks for this I'd heard it years ago but as ever I failed to pick up pen and paper when listening to Peel (Hence all my recently downloaded complete Shows) I remembered it only once I'd heard it again. Thanks a fantastic song.