20 Jul 2006

"You have broken through my armour and I don't have an answer I love you all the same"

Work isn't so much of a chore these last couple of days. This being mainly due to the fact that yesterday was my day off and today the manager had his day off. Also I'm helped by the fact that some of the idiots have stayed away from the branch. Maybe they are down the beach getting melanomas because they don't wear sunscreen, I know I don't but then I'm only in the sun for an hour each evening so there isn't much of a point really. I'll be lucky if I get anything other than the British pale blue hue that we normally carry as a nation. I stand there looking with increasing disdain at the mishapes that inhabit the borough where I work and just drift away with the Cocteau twins in my earphones. I've no idea what she sings but there you go it sounds nice. It was my little French friend Raymone who got me into them originally when she sent me a cd to ween me off the punk and Ska I was listening to at the time. Now I just listen to that as well as the Punk and Ska. Mind you I listen to most things nowadays. At the moment I'm ploughing my way through several of John Peel's festive fifties what very nice man uploaded to a forum what I'm on. Also I've got a new dvd player to play my DivX files on and my region 1 disks (Cyberhome 4010 on Amazon). Best £33.39 i've ever spent.
I see that my counter is about to clock 50,000 hits woo hoo.(God knows Why?) I was going to try and be clever and post The Fall's 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong but I couldn't find it in time. So in the end I've had to put up Rancid's 'Out Come The Wolves' which is an album I played to death for ages then kind of forgot about due to massive stolen mp3 and broadband connection. Tomorrow or sometime soon I'll put up the Who's 30 years of Maximum R&B boxset as I know some people didn't get in time off of LS Bee's sadly missed blog. Also in the next few days I'll be uploading some more Who, Some Rancid, Sex Pistols, bad Manners, Specials and Selector, Manic Street Preachers, The Blockheads and The Jam, so keep 'em peeled towards this page. Also some reposts are imminent.
In the near future I plan to upload The My Name Is Earl Seriesso you can see what I like about the show if you haven't seen it yet.

This Made me laugh abit personally i would have plugged the damn blanket in. :)

http://news.aol.co.uk/article.adp?id=20060719161009990011&CLI=16009117

http://rapidshare.de/files/26449554/R-OCTW.rar Rancid Out Come The Wolves

2 comments:

DaddyRich said...

Although I have most of what you had posted lately I have to chime in with a sincere 'thank you' from across the ocean (and then some). I am in Southern California and have the heatrbreaking privelege of seeing many beautiful cars/women pass by on a daily/hourly.minutley basis. It's good to see you having less stress at work - that's always good. I agree with your Paris Hilton comments; I daresay she is more ubiquitous on our news than your own. Hopefully the weather is treating you Brits better than us here - today was 103 degrees and about 80-90% humidity - truly terrible. Please keep up the good work and have a great day/evening (whenever this finds you)
Rich

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Southern Cali eh? Sounds nice, doesn't it look remarkably like English countryside according to Austin Powers? Or every planet ever visited in Star Trek The original series? I think it'd be true to say that you'd get more Paris Hilton than we but we're getting that way especially ITV who seem to think it's a good idea to interrupt the film notonly with ads but then they'll give you a ten minute update of Shlebrity news for some unknown reason. Oh well could be worse.