28 Feb 2006


"Stop dreaming of the quiet life 'cause it's the one we'll never know."


Adverts are shit aren't they? I mean at the moment on British TV you have an insurance ad where a big chin/rubber lipped bloke is so happy with his quote that he's shouting "Yes yes I love you", meanwhile his Grandmother is nearing his door with the British fuel (a mug of tea) but on hearing him she stops and goes back downstairs seemingly pleased as she says "Just like his grandfather". It would suggest that his grandfather was as prolific a masturbator as his decsendant. In the real world granny would have reeled back in abject horror clutching at her chest as she fell broken hearted and disgusted to the axminster. No in the ad she seems to be getting off at her grandson bashing away like he's crushing chemical compounds in a mortar and pestle. She smiles as she gently rubs her chest perhaps she is thinking about buggering off to the lav to fiddle with her support hose for half an hour? She seems to be quite moist, whether this is due to some Jerry Springer-esque unspoken desire towards her grandson or fond reminisces of those long nights in the air raid shelter we are not privy. Another thing is why the hell is it only models that seem to enjoy the products on offer? It really doesn't inspire me to go out and buy the latest mobile phone when some stick insect in bad seventies fashions takes acid and watches the pretty patterns in the air. What the hell this has to do with the product I have no inkling whatsoever. Buy our phone it's good shit man. If I go to the Carphone wharehouse are they gonna sell me a phone cheap and then jack up the price when I upgrade? Will I wake up in a gutter somewhere needing to make a call and having to steal just to get airtime? Also whats with those gay guinea pigs on the Egg advert? Since when are animals gay? I don't want anyone thinking I'm prejudiced I mean some of my best friends are guinea pigs. I used to keep one and not once did it dance to disco and had absolutely prediliction towards droopy moustaches, cut off jeans or leather caps. Although my rabbit was a bit feminine, I came home from school one day and found that he'd tidied his own hutch.... by adding window boxes and colour coordinating the curtains with the wallpaper. On the back wall he had one of those Athena posters of the man stripped to the waist carrying tyres and highlights in his cotton tail.

Tonight's posts are Bad Manners - Special Brew a new compilation I picked up at the weekend. For a change it's not rerecordings but original remasteres tracks from the first three albums. It's a shame that those albums haven't been released in cd from but there you go. Also The Specials Live from 1979 (covers included with both)

http://rapidshare.de/files/14461375/ThSp-2m2y.rar.html The Specials - Too Much Too Young (New Link 01-Mar-06)
http://rapidshare.de/files/14380101/BM-SB.rar.html Bad Manners - Special Brew

It'll be interesting to see if these now get 'posted' by somewhere by someone else

6 comments:

indy said...

Thank you so much and I love it.....

p said...

Yeah - thank you...

Getting right back into Bad Manners lately.

(Have seen your links on a cuple of other sites too)

TheUpsetter1969 said...

I know mr Popular that's me, I'm amazed at all those countries in the boxes on my screen as well vatican city? Is his holiness a reader I ask myself? Am I now barred from Heaven? Will those people in the Da Vinci code come after me?

Glad to share my music I now have a bigger audience than I ever did with my original fanzine (The Upsetter).

More soon.

DaddyRich said...

Love your blog - and it would seem that commercials in Britain are every bit as vacuuous as they are here in America.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Thanks daddyrich and yes I think they are. The latest one to get me annoyed is where Ben Affleck flatters his own ego by clicking everytime he believes a person flirts with him only to be upstaged ten fold by some sad gimpy wanker just because he's wearing some cheap and nasty deodorant.

I'd also like to apologise for the lack of new posts recently this is due to the Star wars Empire at war demo and also me filling my hard drive yet again with Mp3's etc. Damn you internet.

Anonymous said...

please reup special brew