7 Feb 2006


"Eat your words but don't go hungry, words have always nearly hung me."


I want to be one of those people who do what they love for a job, but I suppose playing records is easy otherwise why would those dumb ass local dj's be able to do it? My only other options I suppose would be US President or Prime minister of the UK but then I'm not a wanker with no friends.... I have plenty of friends. Although I can be a wanker at times I'm yet to be promoted to management, I think I have to go on an Arsehole training course. (You know who you are). Now we have to go along with this work bollocks (I think it was called) where we get bigger departments and fewer staff to deal with it. What the company did was , and this is the quite amazingly good bit, they input some data into a computer (yes, yes I know) and then they let a COMPUTER tell them how to run the shop. I mean have these people never watched Sci-Fi? As we all know having computers run our lives is 'wonderful' idea because everything runs to a set pattern there are no variables, absolutely no random factors whatseover in life, or what passes for life in that shop. I mean have you seen my customers? Frankenstien's monster would beat them hands down in an FHM best looking man poll, what with the tattoos, dragging knuckles and arses hanging out of thier dirty trousers, and that's just the women. Some of the staff aren't much better, I'm still trying to find out who it was that shit themselves in our stairwell at work, it was awful we had to run up EIGHT, count them, EIGHT flights of stairs just to breath without losing the enamel on our teeth. I've lived in the country and camped in a tent near a pig farm and even I was disgusted. It was one of those that cling to the back of your throat. Perhaps it was in an effort to keep the flies off our customers? But at least it's nearly all over as I've decided to leave in the summer whatever else happens. Then I'll have to find something else to complain about on this blog. Maybe I'll actually get around to writing my novel? I certainly have enough material for a retail based situation comedy.

For those of you who like me who have a hole in thier life since Mr Peel parted company with this plain of existence then get yourself over to the new link that I've put up for you. Lots of classic shows from all over his broadcasting period, the 80's being a personal favourite of mine due to the memories of sitting under my duvet listening on an old radio the size of a double cassette box and a deaff aid earpiece. Being strangely knackered the next day at school. Anything to escape the rigours of childhood.

Tonights post is The Beatles From 1962 Star Club Hamburg, Germany (As if there's another Hamburg) from around the time of the first single. The other post is the debut album by the (English) Beat and album that I extolled the virtues of on my one and only radio appearance last year 'I just can't stop it' and the album's called that as well.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12766772/31082-2.rar.html The Beat
http://rapidshare.de/files/12770375/TBSCH62.rar.html The Beatles

Enjoy

9 comments:

p said...

the beat..... now you're spoiling us!!!

haven't listened to that for years - literally!!!!!!!!

once again, thank you.

oh, and don't worry about those management types - wankers come and go but the beat remains....

(or something....beck's and wine tonight i'm afraid!!!)

:)

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Glad you are enjoying the beat will post the rest of the albums later in the week. I agree about managers, the maxim I go by is "Shit always floats to the top" :) Enjoy the Becks and Wine.

gypsum gypsy said...

omg i've heard of working in a shithole but i never realized some did it LITERALLY - why don't you quite working for these bullies and babies and find some nice work where you can apply your obvious intelligence - i hate to see good minds go to waste - doing work you don't enjoy is so debilitating - good luck, man

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Come July it'll all be over, it's not a good idea to walk out before that I'm afraid. Maybe I'll write my book?

p said...

i'd buy it...

(come to think of it - i could contribute to it.....!)

s said...

Thanks for all the grea uploads. Do you happen to have the Beat's second release? I had it on vinyl years ago and quite miss it.

TheUpsetter1969 said...

Yup the rest of the Beat will be uploaded soon as possible. (Wha'ppen?' and 'Special Beat Service')

s said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
s said...

I'll be so happy to have Wha'ppen? !

And I should also thank you for the Dance Craze soundtrack. I saw the film in '81 (I think), and bought the vinyl right away...but haven't heard it in years.